Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Shien Cosmetics Lipstick Review


The other week Shien Cosmetics got in touch to ask if I wanted to try out some of their lipsticks. I was so blown away by the presentation of the website and the beautiful swatches and the alluring and sensual feel of the brand that I replied immediately and spent the next week waiting eagerly at the door for the postman!

Here's some info:
  • $18.00 each 
  • Enriched with white camellia oil, green tea, red algae, and essential vitamins
  • Paraben free
  • Cruelty free

Viper's Kiss

The lipsticks are formulated with 'gold and olive-toned Asian skin tones' in mind but that doesn't mean they won't look good on a wide range of skin tones. I'm pretty pale and haven't seen the sun in over one thousand years but I still love these colours on myself.

Shanghai Rose / Cobra Lily / Wild Peony / Viper's Kiss / Red Lantern
Shanghai Rose / Cobra Lily / Wild Peony / Viper's Kiss / Red Lantern

The lipsticks I picked out have matte finishes but they aren't drying, they're super creamy and just glide on to the lips. I find that they last for a good few hours before they start to break up in the middle and need reapplying. I really like these lipsticks and have been wearing Viper's Kiss and Shanghai Rose non-stop since they arrived! The only disappointing thing is the fact that three bullets have already snapped off and two of them arrived that way. However, I fixed them using the trusty old lighter/fridge trick and they're good to go again so I'm not too bothered about it.

You can buy Shien Cosmetics lipsticks here.

The products in this post were provided by the brand for possible review/use. All opinions are my own. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy.