Saturday, November 29, 2014

Watercolour Painting Makeup (Collaboration with Lena Danya)


Today's video is an exciting one! My friend Lena and I finally put our heads together and collaborated. I did a makeup look inspired by one of Lena's watercolour paintings and she painted one of my photos in her usual beautiful style.

Heavy Heart

I've loved this painting ever since Lena created it and I've wanted to do a look inspired by it for quite literally years.


For the hair, I merged my final images with the hair/background from Lena's painting to make it look more like the original. I wore a grey wig in the photos then added the hair layer and lowered the opacity to make it look more like a tint on the 'real' hair underneath. Another way to do it would be to alter a white or grey wig with some hair chalks for a similar effect!



My video »


Lena's video »


I was absolutely blown away by Lena's video. I can't believe how much it actually looks like me! Especially considering we haven't met in person yet so she doesn't have any 'real life' reference either! Crazy stuff. I've loved Lena and her work for years (even before I had a channel!) so it's so exciting to me that I'm now on her channel and she took time out of her life to paint my little face.