Saturday, May 10, 2014

Makeup of the Month | April



This month's most worn makeup look was actually a pretty simple one. During the warmer months I like to wear... not less makeup per say, but more 'natural' looking makeup. So for example, less on the eyes so the creasing on the lids due to the heat is less noticeable etc.



Face »
After finding the perfect CC cream for me (Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream) it's all I've been wearing recently. You can read my full review here if you'd like! As for the rest of the skin, I've been using the same routine I used in my Simple Spring/Summer Makeup Tutorial. Minus the Sigma highlighter. I can't go a day without my Mary-Lou Manizer by theBalm.

Urban Decay Basics Palette


Eyes »
On the eyes I went back to basics (to where it all begaaaan.  Christina Aguilera anyone? No...? Okay.) and put my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette to good use. I used the shade Naked 2 all over the lid, Faint in the outer V, crease and blowout, Foxy over the edges to smooth everything out, Crave as smokey winged liner and finally Venus as an inner corner highlight.



Lips »
On the lips I've gone back to wearing bright pinks which makes a nice change to my usual purples and reds. I used a Barry M Lip Liner in Dark Pink then ran Estée Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss in Orchid Passion over top. Check me out wearing a gloss. OooOOooh!

The run down »
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (Light Beige)
Bourjois 123 Perfect Concealer (Ivory)
Coastal Scents Camouflage Palette
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (Elusive)
theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
NYC Translucent Powder
Rimmel Brow Pencil (Black Brown)
Benefit Gimmie Brow (Medium/Deep)
Avon Eyeshadow Primer (Light Beige)
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (Naked 2 / Faint / Foxy / Crave / Venus)
Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara
Barry M Lip Liner (Dark Pink) + Estée Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss (Orchid Passion)