Friday, July 05, 2013

Bold Smokey Eyes



Today's look is a bold smokey eye. I know most of my looks are smokey eyes, but that's just because it's pretty much the only style that works on my eyes. If you have hooded lids then smokey eyes will be your best friend for life! I decided to show the look with three different lip colours; red, nude, & pink. I think it's really interesting to see how much difference a different lip colour can make.

When I first did this look the bright pink lipstick was my favourite, but then I found myself edging more towards the red. It just looks so fierce and bold! And Megan Fox-y for some reason. I think maybe I only think that because of how it looks with my dark hair, though. As always the nude was my least favourite. I will never be a nude lipstick kind of gal. Pale skin and nude lips are a no no for me.

Read more for product list!

Products used:
Mehron E.Y.E Powder Palette (Espresso/Black/White)
Bourjois Black Eyeliner
Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara
MUA Bronzer (Shade 3)
OCC Lip Tar (Interlace/Narcissus)
elf Studio Matte Lip Colour (Rich Red)
Lime Crime Lipstick (Centrifuchsia)

Brushes:
Sigma E25 Blending Brush *
Sigma E55 Eye Shading Brush *
Sigma E47 Crease Shader Brush *
Sigma E70 Medium Angled Shading Brush *
Sigma E75 Angled Brow Brush *
Sigma E21 Smudge Brush *
Sigma E17 Waterline Liner Brush *

Face:
GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer
Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (2N2 Fresco)
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC15)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC20)
L'Oréal True Match Powder (Golden Beige)

Nails:
Barry M Gelly Nail Effects (Blueberry)