Friday, January 09, 2015

Urban Decay Naked On The Run | Review & Tutorial


Urban Decay have done it again! The Naked On The Run palette is one of their latest offerings and it has very quickly become one of my favourites.

I decided to wait a couple of weeks before posting this review and I'll explain why... I really wanted to see if I could use only this palette while I was away over Christmas and the new year to truly test if it was a good 'travel palette'. Usually I take a couple of eyeshadow palettes with me and a bazillion different products but this time I challenged myself to take only this palette and didn't allow myself to take any alternative products to the ones the palette included. So no bronzer, no blush, eyeshadows... etc and it really forced me to use and become familiar with the products.


The palette is a good size for travel. Hold out your hand and spread your fingers... It's about that size give or take an inch. It's compact, looks sleek, has a rose gold metallic finish and once again has some awesome artwork on the front. I like.



There are six new eyeshadow shades:
Dive 'metallic rose with golden micro-shimmer'
Fix 'soft taupe matte'
Resist 'medium metallic taupe'
Dare 'medium matte brown'
Stun 'metallic bronze with light gold micro-shimmer'
5050 'cool bisque satin' (Swatched below, not above.) This can also double up as a subtle highlight shade!

Urban Decay shadows have always been some of my favourites. They're always super pigmented, easy to work with and have a good amount of wear time. Of course wear time differs from person to person but with my Avon primer I find these lasting a strong 6 to 8 hours before they start creasing on me.


Bronzer » 'medium bronze matte' 
One of the only downfalls of this palette is the bronzer, in my opinion. There is no such thing as a universal bronzer so it's not going to work for everyone. I feel like it's not going to show up on deep skin tones so much and can look quite orange on fair skin tones although it can be applied with a light hand for a subtler look or built up if you need to.

Blush » 'vibrant pink with light shimmer'
The blush has a touch of shimmer in it which I've really been liking in a blush recently. It's not overpowering, you can barely tell it's there, but it does give you a subtle glow. The colour, like the bronzer, can be subtle or intense.


24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil » 'deep brown satin' 
As you'll see in the video below, the liner does indeed 'glide-on' and it lasts a good amount of time on the waterline too.

Travel size Perversion Mascara » This mascara is super black. The formula isn't too dry or too wet, it's a happy medium. You can also build up the coats with this formula to get a fuller look.

Full size Naked Lipgloss in the shade Sesso » 'rose with pink shimmer'
Adds some colour to the lips and stays put without being too sticky.


I really do like this palette. Although I won't use some of the products, like the bronzer and blush, in my day to day life, I still find myself reaching for this palette to use everything else even though I'm back home now and have all my other products available to me.
This is the palette I'll now take with me when I'm visiting home or staying away for the weekend. And if I lived any kind of healthy life style and had ever seen the inside of a gym or a pool, this is the palette I would take with me to touch up afterwards. I don't exactly know how it's going to hold up in the long run since there are two slots for travel-size products that I might not be able to fill but I'm thinking I might end up depotting the eyeshadows and putting them in a Z Palette or something later on.



Summary »
  • £37
  • LIMITED EDITION
  • Includes 6 new eyeshadow shades, bronzer, blush, travel-size Perversion Mascara, travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Liner & full-size Naked Lipgloss

Buy here.

The products in this post were provided by the brand for possible review/use. All opinions are my own. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy.