Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Google & BeautyCon


This past week has been... AWESOME.
Last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I was working on a shoot at Google. I find myself doing no makeup-makeup on guys a lot, but not this time. I got to make the wonderful Crabstickz into a plastic fantastic presenter type. The aim was to make him look like a pretty Essex boy for a group of videos about the YouTube Creator Space in London, and it was so much fun! I'm a little worried about how people are going to react to the makeup, though. I'm wondering whether people will understand that the makeup is supposed to look like it's been plastered on, or maybe they'll just think I'm bad at makeup, haha!


I stayed in London over the weekend and then attended BeautyCon yesterday! I've never been to any kind of beauty related gathering before so I didn't know what to expect. I was really nervous about being in a room with so many beauty girls, but it was lots of fun! In the morning we sat down and learnt about audience development and programming strategies, which was really useful. The fire alarm went off and the whole building was evacuated, thankfully this was well timed so we all just went for our lunch at Zizzi's. When we went back, we listened to the panelists (PixiwooFashTagAndrea’s Choice & Kandee Johnson). Then finally it was time to tour the Space, mingle, and talk about collabs. I met some wonderful people at BeautyCon and I can't wait to hang out with them and collaborate in the future. 
And speaking of events, I will be attending Summer in the City and IMATS and I really hope I'll see some of you there!