Thursday, December 26, 2013

MUA LUXE Velvet Lip Lacquers

Today I wanted to share with you the new MUA Velvet Lip Lacquers. Every now and then I check out the MUA website for new things, and when I saw these I immediately added all five colours to my basket. My guess is that they're supposed to be like the Lime Crime Velvetines. In the same way that they do dupes for the Urban Decay Naked palettes (Undress Me & Undress Me Too).

.Everything you need to know:
  • £3 each
  • Matte velvety finish
  • Fast drying
  • Lip gloss style applicator 

Here are the swatches:


As you can see they're highly pigmented, which is something I always appreciate in a lip product. They're easy to apply and do have a matte velvety finish. (Just give them a minute to dry, and try not to smack your lips during that time or they'll end up patchy!) However, on the site they claim to be long lasting and that is not the case. Once the product dries on your lips, if you add any moisture the product kind of crumbles off. This just means you need to reapply quite often. I find myself reapplying once every hour or so... Which may be a little high maintenance for some people, but I personally don't mind this.
I was hoping to be able to compare them to the Lime Crime Velvetines, but unfortunately my order hasn't arrived yet. If you'd like, you can see Reckless in action in my latest video. :) 

Here are the links: